Friday, July 1, 2011

And so it begins. Again.

Throughout the late 1980s and early 90s, I was collecting cards. Somewhere along the way (around 1995), the hobby stopped or got clouded by other things in my life. A random moment in 2007 involved me buying a 2007 Topps Series 2 hobby box online. After opening the packs, the cards went back into the box (except the Jeter/Bush/Mantle) for the next three years.

Late 2010 marked the return of the hobby for me. I was eagerly anticipating the 2011 season of baseball to see if my favorite team could make another run and to see what Topps would bring me in the new year. The Cincinnati Reds are still in the hunt and my money continues to hunt for more baseball cards.

2010 Topps Heritage brought me back. I wish I had known about the Heritage line in 2001 but I'll take what I can get. I wasn't too excited for 2011 Heritage, at first, because of the 1962 design, but that has changed. I really enjoy the look and building the set (which I'll probably never finsih, which I'm ok with).

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere!

    Justin (a.k.a. cubsfan731)
    http://just-in-justinsworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete