Saturday, July 2, 2011

2002 Fleer Focus: Jersey Edition - Hobby Pack

I wasn't sure about picking up this pack because I never was a fan of Fleer's base cards. The inserts were pretty cool though. I had a good time in '94 with Fleer Ultra, so maybe Fleer just needed a little something extra to be cool. How about "Focus"? How about 2002 Fleer Focus...Jersey Edition? I was in the mood for something new, so I took a swing.


Hideo Nomo #123

Photobucket

I really enjoy a baseball card that lists every year of stats in the majors. I'm not a fan of listing the previous year and career totals only, although I understand that sometimes that is the best thing (Bowman).

Photobucket

Jason Kendall #184 Jorge Posada #65

I love cards of catchers. I'm not a Yankee fan but the Posada shot is pretty slick. At first glance, it looks like a Cubbie because of the blue gear.

Photobucket

Pedro Martinez #20

I would really enjoy seeing Petey come back and pitch.

Photobucket

Rafael Palmeiro #109

I was beginning to think this was a pitcher and catcher hot pack...

Photobucket

Ben Petrick #215

Photobucket

Russ Ortiz #111
Win-Loss Record: 113-89

Photobucket

Manny Ramirez #190 Carlos Lee #188

Something I really like about these cards is the color washing in the background. The main color of the team is mixed into the backgrounds of each card. It's a nice touch that is subtle, yet effective (it actually took me a couple times looking at these cards to realize the effect).


Photobucket

Jose Ortiz 13 of 15 BC. A Blue Chip insert 1:6 odds.

There are game-used versions of these where the jersey piece occupies the team logo space. This card really reminds me of a credit card (cardboard instead of plastic). It is the standard baseball card size.

No comments:

Post a Comment