Friday, August 19, 2011

First Ever Case Break

I participated in my first ever break over at Cheap Fun Breaks. The price was great so it was hard to resist. Being a 99% baseball card collector, it was surprising to me that I would go for a football break. I am a football fan but football cards haven't achieved the same excitement that baseball cards have. Regardless, I was very excited and enjoyed the process (and results).

Much to my surprise, the random draft order placed me first. After seeing the break and all the hits and inserts first, we got to pick our team. That was pretty cool and I wasn't sure if that is how they usually go or if that was fitting for that situation. The Ravens were probably the pick to get, considering there were 3 hits and a healthy dose of inserts. I couldn't turn down Joe Montana though, and I chose the 49ers. It was worth it alone for that card. I guess it's time to see the card.
Photobucket
With more picks than participants, we got a second pick. Code cards were available but with me being first, I ended up last for the second pick. The last pick to be claimed were the poor ole Seattle Seahawks. I never turn down more cards!

Overall the process was fair and worthwhile. It was a lot of fun. The only hard part was watching someone else open the packs. That's half the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment