Friday, August 5, 2011

2008 Upper Deck Masterpieces - Blaster Box

My local Wal-Mart hardly ever has anything good marked down in the card "aisle". I wasn't biting on the 2010 Topps Chrome. Even at 40% off, I didn't feel like pulling bent cardboard. I was surprised to find a blaster of 2008 UD Masterpieces. I really enjoy these cards, so I didn't even think long on the decision.

Photobucket
These are the base cards and they are gorgeous. The set consists of 120 cards of artist paintings, printed on canvas-like paper.

Photobucket
The landscape view on the cards only increases the "wow" factor. I really want to get those Ultra-Pro sheets that are for cards oriented this way. These deserve to be seen in the best position to your eyes.

Photobucket
Veteran players are also included within the set. I like having a real chance at pulling a vet player within a set. Now if only we could do something about Pete Rose...

Photobucket
The Yankee Stadium Legacy cards are neat for what they do. I'm not a Yankee fan, though, so I don't get too excited when pulling these.

For a blaster that includes 7 packs + 1 bonus pack per box (why can't they just say 8 packs?!) and 4 cards per pack, you get 32 cards. I'm thinking next time I'll consider a hobby box and have a great time busting that box.

No comments:

Post a Comment